Do Casinos Take Debit Cards?
Most online casinos now offer debit cards as a payment method, though you might stumble across a few that don’t. Debit card casinos regularly offer generous bonuses when you make a real money deposit, so that small piece of plastic might just land you free spins, extra cash, and no deposit bonuses.
There are tons of other advantages to using debit cards for funding online slots, from instant transactions, more control over deposit limits, and iron-clad security, which we’ll explain more about below.
Debit Card vs Other Payment Methods
How to Deposit at Debit Card Casinos
Depositing at an online casino using a debit card is fail-safe. Head to the ‘cashier’ and select the debit card option from the drop-down menu. Most online casinos accept American Express, Mastercard, Maestro, VISA Electron, and VISA Debit, so you won’t be stuck for choice.
You’ll then be required to enter your card number, the security code on the back of your card, and desired deposit amount. The process is finalized when you hit the submit (or the like) button, which will send the funds directly to your account
Debit Card Deposit Limits
The debit card deposit limits at online casinos mostly depend on the operator. In general, the minimum limit is $10, and the maximum is approximately $1,500 per transaction. Most casinos have a daily limit of $5,000 and give players the option to increase limits by contacting customer support or via the VIP program.
Some online casinos operate a 'net deposits' policy as a measure to prevent money-laundering. Net deposits mean you can only cash out to the same card you used to deposit with. Though this might seem restrictive, it gives you an extra layer of security.
How to Make a Withdrawal Using Debit Card
Making a withdrawal using a debit card is similar to making a deposit. Head back to the ‘cashier’ and select the debit card option from the withdrawal menu. Enter the amount of cash you want to withdraw and hit the 'submit' button. Your real money winnings will usually be processed into your bank account within five business days.
Online Casino Debit Card Fees
Debit card transactions at online casinos don’t usually incur fees, however, it’s always worth checking with your bank first. You should also check the online casino policy for processing debit card transactions. While the top operators cover the cost from their end, some charge a fee of up to 1.5% for customers.
Do Slot Machines Take Debit Cards?
They certainly do. Debit cards are a favored payment method among online slots players as you can make very minimal deposits – and you can’t spend more than you have in your bank account. Most debit card casinos offer a minimum deposit or withdrawal of only $/£10, which means you can play the best new slots at the smallest stakes.
Mobile Debit Card Casinos
Having your debit card banking app installed will make for a smoother and safer online slots experience, as you’ll have instant access and control over your bank balance and transactions, plus biometric security and 24/7 customer service.
Which Countries Accept Debit Card for Gambling?
Across the globe, you’ll find debit card online casinos, but the legalities surrounding online gambling differ from place to place.
- US - There is no federal law against online gambling, but The Wire Act 1961 prohibits certain gambling businesses from operating. Different legislations also apply in different states. Among these, 49 states (minus Utah) have legalized certain forms, as long as you gamble in one of their approved sites.
- Canada - The Criminal Code in Canada states that it’s illegal to operate online casinos within the country, however, players can gamble at legally registered online casinos overseas.
- UK - Debit cards are a popular payment method in the UK, more so after the 2020 ban on credit cards for online gambling purposes. The Gambling Commission oversees the tightly regulated gambling market and is in charge of licensing operators. The Gambling Act of 2005 and its following amendments help protect players online.
- Australia - The Interactive Gambling Act 2001 targets companies that provide gaming and gambling services, not individuals. It makes it illegal to provide web-based gambling services to Australian players. However, pokies players can access legally registered online casinos overseas.
- New Zealand – The Gambling Act 2003 prohibits all gambling unless stated legal by the government and states that it’s illegal for players to gamble at any online casino based in the country itself. However, it is legal for players of any age to gamble at overseas online casinos.
What are the Pros and Cons of Debit Card?
- You avoid debt as can only spend what’s in your account
- Top-end security such as two-factor authentication
- Widely accepted as a payment method in online casinos
- Don’t suit high stakes players due to deposit limits
- Less protection against fraud compared to credit cards
Be Aware! Rogue Casinos
Casino listed in this section have not passed our meticulous inspections and should be avoided at all costs. We check all of the essential details, including legitimacy, licensing, security, software, payout speed, and customer support.
Discover the best classic slots at top online casinos. Hit spin on the much-loved 3 or 5-reel slots and win a prize today!
Slot machines with fun in-game bonus rounds, cash prizes, and re-spins. Learn about the best bonus games you can find hidden inside online slot machines.
Win ever-growing real money jackpots. Discover top online casinos with the biggest progressive jackpot slots to be in with the chance to land a mind-blowing win!
Online slots with multiple paylines for more action. Win big with these fun and rewarding multi-payline online slot games at our top rated casinos.