Popular Progressive Slot Games
Progressive slots have a lot to offer in terms of gameplay, and here are some fan favorites for you to check out.
The Biggest Progressive Wins
All players dream of scooping a big progressive jackpot and for some, this dream has become a reality. Progressive jackpot slots have awarded mindblowing prizes, such as the following:
What is a Progressive Jackpot?
You might find yourself asking: what is a progressive jackpot? That’s where we come in handy! A progressive jackpot is a prize that increases each time a game is played, and the jackpot isn’t won.
When you play progressive slot machines online, you can watch the prize increase via the jackpot meter. The meters are updated in real-time and indicate the value of the prizes. Only a small percentage of the wager contributes to the jackpot, which means there shouldn’t be a noticeable difference in the in-game payouts.
Progressive jackpot slots have immersive themes, lucrative bonus games, and huge payout potential, guaranteeing you an epic gaming experience. Players have been known to win millions from just one spin on the most popular progressives online, such as Mega Moolah by Microgaming.
There are also different types of progressive jackpots, which you can learn more about below.
- Standalone Progressives - Standalone progressive jackpots are localized to one casino or one site, and only the players betting here will contribute to the jackpot.
- Network Progressive Jackpot - Network progressives have access to much larger player pools as the same games are available at multiple online casinos. This results in faster-growing prizes and larger jackpots.
How to Win a Progressive Slot Game
We’re often asked how to play progressive slots, so we’ll clear this one up for anyone curious. You play a progressive jackpot slot just like another other type of slot, so you hit spin and the rest is down to luck. Slot machines use a random number generator (RNG) to determine the outcome, which will undergo an external audit to ensure fair gameplay.
There are no strategies - you just have to hit spin and see what happens - but we do have a few tips up our sleeves for improving your chances of landing a win:
- Avoid playing progressive slots which have recently been won because the jackpot resets to a predetermined level after someone wins the prize.
- Wait for the jackpot to increase significantly to get a more impressive jackpot if you win.
- Place the maximum bet to get the best odds of winning a progressive jackpot.
- See what the RTP is before playing to improve your chances of getting a decent return on any payouts. An RTP over 96% is preferable.
- Please gamble responsibly. Don’t bet more trying to win back losses. Learn how to manage your bankroll and don't spend more than you can afford.
How Progressive Jackpots Pay Out
Progressive jackpots can be paid out in installments or a lump sum, depending on the casino and the game. Casino policies usually include a section for progressive jackpot wins. In most cases, jackpots are paid in equal installments over a set period, going up to six months.
However, some top software providers, such as Novomatic, have been known to pay large jackpots immediately in lump sums. This is the case for Microgaming's Mega Moolah, where each jackpot is awarded in one go, by bank transfer, or by cheque.
The Best Casinos for Progressive Jackpots
How We Rate and Review Online Casinos
We assess the range of classic and video slots, video poker, table games, craps, and live casino games.
Safety and Support
Security systems, official licensing, and game regulation are essential. We also evaluate the efficacy of customer support.
Casinos must offer sign-up bonuses, free spins bonuses, reload bonuses, and promotions with fair wagering requirements.
Games must be optimized for modern smartphones and tablets so players can enjoy on-the-go gaming.
We look for a variety of banking methods, instant deposits, and fast payouts with low or no transaction fees.
Our top online casinos will list a selection of progressive jackpots for you to try your luck on.
Casinos listed here have not passed our careful vetting process. Take a look, so you know what casinos to avoid.
Making a deposit with an online casino couldn't be easier. Check out our useful guide for all the information you need.
Our Recommended Progressive Jackpot Slots Online
|Game||RTP||Min Bet||Max Bet|
|Mega Jackpots Wheel of Fortune on Air||92.55%||$0.4||$800|
Progressive Jackpot Slots FAQ
There's no set rule on when progressives hit but a small progressive may hit every day somewhere. Big jackpots might trigger at random, in which case, it can take months to hit a jackpot.