How to Play Video Poker
Video poker is one of the most thrilling gaming options you'll find in an online casino. The high payout rate indicates frequent wins and the gameplay is often tenser than other slots. Learn how to beat video poker machines in a few simple steps:
- Select a video poker game - Video poker is available in different variants at online casinos and each one has something different. We recommend sticking to the basic ones at first, like Jacks or Better.
- Choose your bet - The interface at the bottom of the screen has buttons for setting the size of the bet. The range depends on the machine but usually starts from just $0.10 and can exceed $10.
- Draw and evaluate your cards - Click on the ‘Draw’ or ‘Deal’ button, depending on the version of the game. The screen will then show five cards facing up that you can use for your hand.
- Hold cards and ‘Draw’ again - You can click on the cards you wish the hold and then replace the other ones by pressing the ‘Draw’ button again. Some machines will automatically hold valuable pairs.
- Receive the payout - Once the cards are replaced, the hand is final, and you receive a payout based on its strength. Prizes can range from 1x to 800x in some versions. Check the paytable for details.
How to Win at Video Poker
You’ve probably heard that poker is difficult to play and requires deep concentration. Well, this doesn’t apply to video poker games. You just need a quick course on the fundamentals of how to win at video poker slots. Luck has it that we have them right here:
- Learn the hand rankings – These are like other poker games and are easy to learn. You need to know the different rankings and their payouts to make the best decisions.
- Compare the paytables – Payout rates for different hands can differ even when talking about the same poker variant. Look at the paytables in different games and choose the best one.
- Bet the maximum coins – Some paytables offer boosted payouts when using five coins. As a result, it is better to select a smaller coin value and bet five of them, instead of using one large coin.
- Use video poker strategy – Basic strategy for video poker games is based on probability and math. It is also easy to apply since it just tells you what risks to take and what to avoid.
- Take advantage of bonuses – One of the best parts about playing video poker online is that you can benefit from casino bonuses and loyalty rewards. These can improve the overall results.
Video Poker for Money: Pros and Cons
Video Poker Strategy Chart
A video poker strategy chart (or ‘card’) shows you the correct way to play each hand dealt. Different video poker games have different strategy charts, most of which you’ll find online. Contrary to rumours, these aren’t classified as ‘cheating’, they’re simply aids.
Here’s an example of a strategy chart for a non-wild card video poker game:
|Four of a Kind
|Three of a Kind
Best Casinos for Video Poker
How We Rate and Review Online Casinos
We assess the range of classic and video slots, video poker, table games, craps, and live casino games.
Safety and Support
Security systems, official licensing, and game regulation are essential. We also evaluate the efficacy of customer support.
Casinos must offer sign-up bonuses, free spins bonuses, reload bonuses, and promotions with fair wagering requirements.
Games must be optimized for modern smartphones and tablets so players can enjoy on-the-go gaming.
We look for a variety of banking methods, instant deposits, and fast payouts with low or no transaction fees.
Our top online casinos will list a selection of progressive jackpots for you to try your luck on.
Casinos listed here have not passed our careful vetting process. Take a look, so you know what casinos to avoid.
Making a deposit with an online casino couldn't be easier. Check out our useful guide for all the information you need.
Our Recommended Video Poker Slots Online
|Aces & Faces
|Jacks or Better
|Jacks Or Better Double Up