Haunted House Slot Review for 2021
- Bonus Round
Haunted House is a retro slot with a terrifying twist. The design of this game is top-notch, from the artwork and shadowy color scheme to the creepy fonts.
You’ll feel like you’re in an eerie murder mystery - only you’re hunting for profits instead of the killer! There is an exciting top prize of 10,000x to shoot for in the base game, and two very fun interactive bonus features with loads of ways to win. We’ll explore all that and more in this hair-raising review.
While Haunted House might not have the most modern feel, the gameplay is extremely fun and keeps you engaged at all times. There are 5-reels, three rows, 20 fixed paylines, and a whole host of fiendish-fun.
With the minimum bet per line set at $0.01, it only costs $0.20 per spin if you want to keep your stakes low. If you’re looking to play maximum value, you can bet $1.00 per line for a total of $20 per bet on the fixed paylines.
Haunted House has an admirable 96.71% RTP and two unique bonuses that can quickly boost your bankroll. With each spin there is a lot of activity, so let’s take a closer look at how the game works, and what horrors to look out for.
Haunted House has a total of 13 symbols, and winning lines must be sequential from left to right on a payline starting with reel 1. The scatters can earn you regular wins when you land at least two of them in a spin. Three or more scatters triggers the bonus round. The game’s wild symbol is the pumpkin and is only available during this special bonus round.
Every symbol can land with a number attached to it in a little circle. The total number that you accumulate in a spin is represented by bats on a Full Moon Money meter on the right-hand side of the screen.
If you can get 6 or more bats in a spin it will earn you a multiplier. Six will win 10x your bet size, seven will win 15x, eight gets you 20x, nine will get 25x, and ten gets you 30x.
If you are able to get more than ten in a spin you will activate the Full Moon Money bonus round where you can win up to 10,000x on your bet. More details on that are below in the Bonus Games section.
The specific paytable values for the symbols in the game are the following:
- Pumpkin (wild only in free spins): 10x for two/ 100x for three/ 1,000x for four/ 10,000x for five
- Haunted House (scatter): 2x for two/ 5x for three/ 20x for four/ 100x for five
- Triple Bar and Double Bar: 2x for two/ 20x for three/ 100x for four/ 750x for five
- Single Bar: 20x for three/ 100x for four/ 500x for five
- Pear, Blueberry, Watermelon: 10x for three/ 50x for four/ 250x for five
- Bell: 5x for three/ 50x for four/ 100x for five
- Lemon, Orange, Plum: 5x for three/ 20x for four/ 100x for five
- Cherry: 2x for two/ 5x for three/ 20x for four/ 100x for five
There are some excellent bonuses lurking in Haunted House.
- The Full Moon Money feature is related to the meter at the side of the screen. The bats on the right will light up depending on the numbers attached to the winning symbols. These numbers add up and if they reach six or more you earn a bet multiplier which ranges from 10x to 30x. Should your accumulated number exceed 10, you activate the left side of the Full Moon Money bonus, where signs will rapidly light up indicating different multiple amounts as well as the words Collect, Repeat Chance, or Advance. The goal is to move up the ranks by avoiding Collect. Landing on Collect means you claim your winnings and return to the base game. This bonus can be extremely lucrative, with a top prize of 10,000x.
- The second bonus feature is activated with three scatters on one spin. You will be taken to a new screen with a rapid-fire game. You get to press stop as a circle of candles from 1-15 lights up randomly. Depending on where you land, that is how many free spins you win. In these free spins the game’s wild pumpkin comes out in full force and lands very frequently offering huge payout potential. You can also earn more free spins within the bonus.
Fancy a little fright on your phone? No problem. Our team tested Haunted House on iPhone, iPad, Android, and tablet devices and the game worked really well, but we did have to manually activate flash each time.
In terms of gameplay, Haunted House’s features and bonus games all played consistently and smoothly throughout our trials.
With such creative bonus games we were concerned they wouldn’t run as well on our mobile, but we needn’t have worried. Everything worked perfectly, just as smooth as on the desktop.
Quickfire is a predominantly browser-based platform developed by online casino gaming giant, Microgaming. Their success is undeniable, and the proof is in the numbers. The Quickfire brand is utilized by over 120 trusted online casinos across the world, has over 45,000 daily users, and exceeds $1.5 billion in monthly average wagers.
All games offered by Quickfire can be played in several different currencies and in 20 different languages, including Golden Money Frog, LotsALoot, and Treasure Nile.
Before playing Haunted House, our initial assumption was that it would be retro-style, and without many exciting features. Boy, were we wrong.
There is constant action in this slot and the 96.71% RTP is very impressive. We were more than happy to play with 20 fixed paylines because the action comes so rapidly and in so many different forms.
We found ourselves so engrossed with trying to hit that Full Moon Money feature that we almost forgot there was an additional free spins bonus. It’s truly rare for a game to have so much action that you don’t even focus on hitting those previous free spins. Haunted House is a must-play for those of all stake level preferences.
Keen to get spooky? Find out the best place to play, here.